Saturday, October 10, 2009

Krafting Outside my Comfort Zone
























Hello,

My friend Sheena, pointed out a wonderful promotion over at 2 Sketches 4 You, Starving Artistamps are offering a 25% discount. While I was there, I spotted Laura's Sketch #36. I just LOVE sketches, so I printed it out.

I had stamped this image of the house ages ago, a borrowed stamp. So I decided to put it to use and apply it to Laura's sketch. I coloured it with my Copics, a technique I am still fairly new at, and cut it out with my circle cutter. I popped up the house to give it a 2D feel.

I then scrounged through my embellishment drawer, and came across my Maya Road Stash. I then picked out my paper, and decided I wanted a ruffle effect. The above is the final result.

I don't always know where I am headed with a card. I still don't know if I like this one. But I am posting it anyways. It kind of reminds of some of the ones I see in the Papercrafts magazines. They usually have this feel to them.

I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday,

Hugs,

Tanya

P.S If any of you are wondering why I use a K for the word Krafting, it is because my daughters name is Karlye, not your typical spelling. So I just had to incorporate that into my blog as she is one of my biggest fans.