Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Embossing with Practical Scrappers























Here we are, Tuesday already. How are you all doing today?

This weeks challenge over at Practical Scrappers is to create a project using any form of embossing. I have always admired dry embossing on white-core cardstock,so this is what I decided to do for this card. The trick is to lightly sand the tops down and to let the white peak through, adding a new dimension to the image. I had completely forgotten my first attempt with this technique back in November, so this officially makes it my second attempt trying this out. I am having difficulty with my memory lately :(

This card is quite different in size, I got the sketch out of my "Originals" book. It is an 8"x31/2" card, and I have to say I like the space it leaves around the image. As you can see I kept a forest theme, making it look like she is taking a stroll through the forest. Perhaps looking for her friend Bambi?

I would love to hear about your favorite embossing technique, and to see your work entered into this week's challenge!

Hugs,
Tanya

P.S. Practical Scrappers is looking for 4 new design team members, I know you are all talented, so don't be shy, make sure you apply before January 20th, at 5pm ET.