Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pixie Cottage Challenge #8 -Pink and Red























Good Morning,

It sure is cold today, we have had pouring rain, warm weather, white-out snow storms and severe windchill warnings, all in the span of one week! I am ready for summer now. Can someone please speak with Mother Nature.

This is a card I made for the Pixie Cottage Challenge #8.
In honor of Valentine's day we have been asked to use pink or red as our main colour. I chose pink with a hint of red, but could not resist using this ribbon to make a wonderful and rich bow.
I had so much fun doing this card! I just had to use this adorable Pixie Cottage stamp, the bear and the mice look like best friends. You can find these stamps at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More. Be sure to drop in and say hi, she always posts wonderful creations on her blog, and she is such a warm person.
I got to use so many of my supplies that were sitting around waiting to be dusted off. Like the hat pin I bought 2 years ago, the rubbons I bought 3 years ago, and the beads (taken from my daughters stash). I got to use my new heart Spellbinders, and my really red ink that had been opened, but rarely used. I feel good now that my money was not wasted, and these all got put to use.
What is in your stash waiting to be used? Why not take them out and use them for The Pixie Cottage Challenge #8. You do not have to use Pixie Cottage stamps, you simply have to use your red and your pinks. Be sure to check out their blog candy that consists of new stamps too!

Have great weekend,
Hugs
Tanya

P.S. Anyone working with hearts this week, be sure to enter them into the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.