Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Practical Scrappers Die Cut Challenge





















Practical Scrappers has done it again! They made me dust off my die cuts, and put them to use. To make the scallop circle card, I used my Sizzix Bigz - Scallop Circle die, I folded a 5x5 card and left a bit off the edge so that it opens as a card would. I then took my favorite Sizzix Bigz Die- Bird with Leaves and Flowers, chose the papers I wanted, and passed it through my Bigshot. The above is my finished project. I really have to make more cards like this, not coloring on a card was refreshing for a change.

I chose the "Mellow" collection pack by Basic Grey, as it looks like the kind of colors you would find in nature. I love the way the pattern of the paper makes the bird stand out. I cut a few more flowers, and then layered them to make it look fuller, placing a pearl in the center as a final touch.

What die cut do you have that is just waiting to be dusted off and put to use? Hope you see you participate in this weeks challenge ladies.

Hugs
Tanya