Saturday, March 20, 2010

Interpreting my own sketch




































Good Morning,
I have been playing around with techniques that are new to me, I know I need a lot more practice, but I am showing you what I have been dabbling with. I attempted my first sketch, which I created with Microsoft Word. It is not as fancy as some of the sketches out there, but it is really fun to play with.
The card below it is my take on my own sketch. When I first started using sketches, I thought I had to copy them exactly, but now I realize, that it is up to the artist to use the sketch as a guide only.
I have used my Twinkling H2O's for this one, and feel I need to practice more with these. The butterfly was attached with twine and moves a little bit. After putting the eyelets in the wings, I decided that maybe next time I would omit them, as it makes the butterfly look a bit heavy.

Well, I guess I am done critiquing myself. I hope you love this adorable image. She can be found at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, as she is one of The Pixie Cottage Stamps.

Have a great Saturday,
Hugs
Tanya