Saturday, May 29, 2010

Metal Repousse Tutorial For The Pixie Cottage




















The tools you will need for this type of work are ArtEmboss metal sheets (I chose to use the Copper sheet ), Stazon Ink, a thin foam sheet, a wooden stylus tool, and your choice of rubber stamp.












Stamp your image on your choice of metal sheet

















Put your foam sheet underneath the metal sheet and start tracing around the areas you want to raise.

















Turn the sheet over and add cross hatching, or simply push out the areas you want to pop up. Keep in mind you will be flipping the sheet around many times in order to get the details you want. The metal is forgiving, so have fun with it.













This took me about 20 minutes to complete, but as you can see from the flat image on the right, this technique gives you a 2 dimensional image, with a vintage feel to it.






















Last but not least, I mounted it to my card using pop up dots.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial on metal repousse. It is gives you another medium to use all your fabulous stamps on. This is my first tutorial for The Pixie Cottage, please let me know how I did! Any useful tips or hints would be appreciated.

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies,
Hugs
Tanya

Fun 2 Stamp has a Metal challenge on this week. If you've got metal on your card, be sure to enter it.