Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challeng #26

Good Morning,

This weeks Pixie Cottage Challenge # 26 is a wonderful sketch by our Guest Designer Dawny. Thanks Dawny, this was one fun sketch! The Pixie Cottage theme this week is to create an aperture on your card. I tried really hard to incorporate one into my card, but it got the better of me, so I settled on using the sketch only.

The lovely nest image is another fantastic Pixie Cottage Stamp by ArTish, called Robin's Nest. This stamp can be found at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More. Be sure to drop in, she has some goodies up for grabs in the Candy Jar!

I decided to color in and pop up the nest, the eggs and some leaves. I left the remainder of the image blank to try and add a bit more dimension. I also took a gold butterfly and colored it in with my brown Copic marker. The pin in the corner was inspired by a card found here on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog. I just love when I see something that makes me go WOW, and then I get to try it on for size.

I can't wait to see what you choose to do. Will it be the sketch, the theme, or both?

Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya