Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #40- Sketch and Stitching


Good Morning,

This is my creation for  The Pixie Cottage Challenge #40. The sketch was provided by our guest designer Hazel, and our theme for this week is stitching. (Wich is something I learned to do from Jenn) I find adding stitching to a card adds a subtle touch that simply finishes off a card nicely, without over-embellishing it.

This card was made using The Pixie Cottages "May I Have This Dance" stamp. I really like how elegant this image is, and it can be purchased from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More. I specifically chose this image because I needed a card for a friends wedding, and this image immediately popped into my mind. I loved paper piecing her dress by cutting it out and adding layers with pop up dots.

I can't wait to see what you do with this challenge. I am always up for learning new ways to use our themes. Thanks goes out to each of you who particpate. I really enjoy your pieces of art.

Happy Krafing,
Hugs
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Stamp Something: Punches (center of my flowers are a small flower punch)
Craftalicious Challenge: Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad: Make something for a friend
Tuesday Throwdown: Three of Something (flowers)
My Sheri CRAFTS: In Stitches