Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #46


Good Morning!

It's time for another Once Upon A Wednesday Pixie Cottage Challenge. This week we have a super sketch for you to try and the theme is Let It Snow! As always you can use the sketch and/or the theme, it is left up to you.  Please note:  You do not have to use a Pixie Cottage stamp to enter, but it is always very nice to see you use them, it actually brings a smile to my face when you do!

I used this scrumptious Basic Grey paper  and this wonderful Sweet Treat Pixie Cottage Stamp that I received from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.  She keeps getting more stock as each day passes, so be sure to drop in and see what delicious newness she is posting.

I tried to match the colors from the snowmen paper to the colors in the image.  Once I colored the image in, I took a Sizzix embossing folder and added texture to it, trying to emulate a snowstorm.  It was my first time attempting this technique, and I think I will do it again.  Instead of flowers, I took matching design paper, punched out snowflakes, embossed them with kaleidoscope powder, and placed them on my card.  Putting a "Make your Own Brad" in one of the centers.

What you do you think?  Criticism is always appreciated, as I love learning.

Happy Krafting ladies,  this is a wonderful challenge to get another Christmas Card done.  Hope to see you enter.

Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
One Stitch At A Time: Choose a Season
Pile It On: Winter Means

2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Snowflakes
Mad For Markers: Non Traditional Copic Colors on Christmas Cards
Totally Gorjuss: Not so traditional