Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #47


Good Morning,

It is time again for The Pixie Cottage "Once Upon A Wednesday" sketch and/or theme challenge.  The theme this week is Paper Piecing, and the sketch above is the one we are using for this weeks challenge #47.

I reversed the sketch this week, and between you and me, it was because creating that angled piece of plaid paper was such a challenge for me. When I finally got it looking right, I realized it was backwards, and thus adapted the rest of the sketch to make it a mirror image. My darling stamp,is none other than The Pixie Cottage South End Girl.  She is one of my absolute favorite PC stamps, and I more often than not paper piece her dress to match the design paper I am using, as I did with this card.

I took my snowflake embossing folder and embossed the creme oval behind my girl, and then once all the pieces were matted in co-ordinating paper, I wrapped some gold cord around the card and tied a bow.  The snowflake embellishment was a last minute edition.  Silver is usually my choice, but with this plaid paper, the gold just pops out.

This Basic Grey Jovial paper, from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, is getting alot of use lately.  I am trying to work my way through the 6x6 pad by the time Christmas comes about.  What is not to like about Basic Grey paper!  Be sure to check out Michelle's Store, she carries alot of their paper lines.

Good luck this week ladies, I can not wait to see what you come up with. Remember, you can choose to tackle the sketch and/or the theme. You can also use any image you wish, it is always nice to see you use The Pixie Cottage stamps though.

Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge: Have a Bow on your card
Crafty Catz: Christmas
Sew Many Cards: Red and Green
Alphabet  Challenge Blog: E for Embossing (dry embossed snowflake on the oval)
Stamps R Us: Holiday Cards
Crafty Pad: Snowflakes (dry embossed snowflakes and snowflake charm)
Top Tip Tuesday:  Anything Goes
All That Scraps: Snowflakes