Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #50


Good Morning,

It is time for another Pixie Cottage "Once Upon A Wednesday Challenge.  Challenge #50 will run for two weeks, making it the last one for 2010. Where has the time gone? The sketch for this week is one that I put together for the team. Thank you Katie for using it. The theme for the next 2 weeks is PARTY!

I took out my Basic Grey Jovial paper pad and my two Pixie Cottage Stamps (Winter Mailbox and Hannah With Candle) and got started.  Everything you see on this card, right down to the Copic Markers, were purchased at Michelle's Scrapbooking and MoreShe has such pretty products in her store, be sure to drop in and take a peek.

To add a bit of sparkle and shimmer, I placed some Tim Holtz Rock Candy over the snow bits on the tree, and beneath Hannah's feet. I then cut out and popped up the star placing a rhinestone in the center.  I played around with the ribbon, and finally decided on this half-loop, sticking some pins in it to finish off the card.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas.  I have little ones coming over today to decorate a home made Gingerbread house, and then I must wrap up a storm. Both girls are trying to get me to let them open up a gift, but I keep telling them they have to wait, much to their dismay. Last night the Tooth Fairy visited Karlye for the first time, boy was she happy!

Happy Krafting ladies, I look forward to seeing your take on the sketch, and/or the theme.


Hugs
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Paper Sundaes: Cut It Out (I glued the square buttons on the dp, and cut them out by hand, I also cut out the star and popped it up)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Treemendous
All Sorts: Anything Goes
Copic Creations Challenge: Sparkle (Tim Holtz Rock Candy and rhinestone)
Bunny Zoe: Sparkle and Shine