Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #60


Good Morning,

Welcome to the 60th challenge at The Pixie Cottage.  The theme for this week is EASTER!  What an incentive to create cards for the up and coming Easter Weekend.  The sketch is by one of our former Pixie's, thank you Pam, I always enjoy using one of your sketches.

This may seem a bit like deja vu for you, as I used this Chickadee Da Dum Pixie Cottage Stamp last week.  But it is so suited for this time of the year, that I wanted to get the most out of it.  I also wanted to show you how different a card can turn out when one changes the design paper, the sketch and the coloring medium.  Last week I used Copic markers, this week I chose to use my Prisma Color pencils.

I tried a new technique out as well, embossing the corners of the image with a small amount of gold and green.  I also embossed the Easter sentiment, but the gold just could not be seen.  Fearing I had ruined the card, I took out my StazOn black  ink, and went over it.  The result was impressive, and I will certainly be using it again.  The gold peeks out of from behind the black, and it is slightly raised. It is nice when a mistake turns out well.

I can not wait to see all your interpretations this week.  Be it the sketch, the theme or both.

Happy Krafting,
Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:

Alphabet Challenge: R is for Ribbon
Creative Belli Blog: Animals
Cute Card Thursday: Spring
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Let's Ink It Up:  Embossing
The Paper Players: Spring