Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #61



Good Morning,

Welcome to a Once Upon a Wednesday, Pixie Cottage #61 Challenge.  This week we are using my sketch, and I personally want to say that I had a really hard time incorporating the triangles!  I really did not think I would be able to pull it off, but since I made the sketch, I had to give it a go.  I really like how it turned out, but it was not easy for me.   This  weeks THEME is GREEN (color or a recycled item)  and remember, you do have the option to use the theme and/or the sketch.  Using a Pixie Cottage stamp is not a requirement, but I would like to ask you all to use them if you have them in your collection.  It really makes my day when I see them in the gallery.

I chose Cassie as my Pixie Cottage stamp, and she is available at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.  I started off by rotating the sketch, and then embossed some flowers on the triangle in the center to add a bit of texture. To finish it off  I added the heartfelt sentiment, and balanced the flowered DP by using my punches to create the flowered centerpiece.  This card is being sent to a friend, and my hopes is that once it is received, it puts a dose of sunshine into her life. 

I am so curious this week.  I can not wait to see how inventive you all were with these triangles!  I hope you had an easier go at it then I did.  I promise from now on, NO triangles in my sketches LOL!

Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:

Let's Ink it Up: Embossing
Papertake Weekly: Trio Tastic
Crafty Catz: Yellow and Green Combo
Allsorts:  Green/ Luck of The Irish