Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sketches In Thyme Challenge #38



Good Morning,

I am back to creating layouts with the Mavens on Sketches in Thyme Team B.  This week we have a fabulous sketch by Page Maps!  The sketch itself is just too pretty! 

The challenge this week for me was getting a good picture of my layout, we go from ice rain, to overcast and snowy, to warm weather, then a Sunny Crisp day.  Mother Nature is all over the map this winter Season.  Ok, on with a description of my layout.  I chose these fab papers specifically to do a layout for Karlye.  We had a chance to go into her Grade 1 class and meet the Teacher in October.  I got Karlye to sit at her desk and I snapped  few pictures.  Yes, she is still at the age where she is not to embarrassed to pose for her Mom. LOL.  She is not excited about the photo though, she says it makes her look funny.  Of course it is an action shot, she decided to hold up her notebook, and of course I snapped it as fast as I could.


Her biggest fear was the Dictee this year, spelling in French.  And I am happy to say it has become one of her strong points, so I just had to add that into the layout.  The page is from one of her practice books.  I decided to addorn the letters to make them stand out a bit with 2mm rhinestones and 4mm Chocolate pearls from Pizzazz APlenty. I also adorned the trim up the left side of the layout, alternating the same size and colored pearls and rhinestones.  You really have to check out her store, she has these amazing Gel Pickers made with Embellie Gellie, and they pick up pearls and rhinestones like magic, and make it super easy to place them on your layout.


Well, I hope you get inspired to create with us,
Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya


The Sponsor for this months challenge is Pizzazz APlenty!



 

The prize Judy has offered is as follows:
One package each of: 2mm, 3mm, 4mm flatback Fuchsia Pearls
One package each of: 2mm, 3mm, 4mm flatback White Pearls
One package each of: 2mm, 3mm, 4mm flatback Clear Rhinestones
One package each of: 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm flatback Gold Rhinestones
One package (5 yards) Amazing Aquamarine Dream String
One package (10 yards) Red and White Baker's Twine
One Gel Picker
Total value is over $15.00

Good Luck!