Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sketches In Thyme Layout Challenge #44




Good Morning,

Today's Sketch Challenge #44 over at Sketches In Thyme has us using this fabulous sketch by Creative Genealogy Scrapbooking.  We hope you will play along, and inspire us!

This was supposed to be an Easter Layout, but since I have already scrapbooked the pictures from previous  Easter events , I decided to switch it up and create this fall layout.  I have to admit that my inspiration came about when I was cleaning up my craft room.  I found these old pumpkins that I had made from my oval punches, and I had to pair them up with our pictures from Miller's Farm this past October.  It is a simple layout, but one that I find visually pleasing. 

The most time consuming part of this layout was creating the ruffled border on the bottom.  I used a strip of paper and scored it every 1/2 cm.  I then folded it back and forth to create the pleats, and taped it to my paper.  Keeping with the outdoor look, I laced some hemp twine throughout the pleats, and tied a bow.  I just had to incorporate some pins too, they are my favorite embellishment lately.

Happy Krafting ladies,
Hugs,
Tanya