Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrating Father's Day with PWCO

Good Morning,

Happy Father's Day!  This is my second ABAC creation for  PaperWorks Co.,  I am really having fun with these dimensional projects.  Be sure to head over for some further inspiration by Danielle as well, she certainly knows how to inspire.

I found this image for a Chocolate bar gift holder and just had to try it on for size! No measurements were provided so I took out my scrap paper and started cutting, folding and scoring. It took me 2 tries, but I finally got it right.  I will have to jot down the dimensions, and perhaps upload a tutorial for you all. I used the fabulous Peppy Tinheart as my image, and Cassie Tinheart's Sentiment stamp for the banner. This Tinheart Family Collection is just one spiffy stamp set. It can be used for any celebration, boy or girl.

You know I just love adding dimensions to my projects so for the tag, I popped up Peppy's head.  For my colors, I chose chocolate brown due to the gift itself, and coordinated the flower and heart with the design paper in the background. You will see some subtle cog punches behind Peppy, but I wanted my main focus to be on the robots themselves. They represent my two daughters, and Daddy is definetly the "...bolt that holds us together".

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's, I hope you enjoy all the handmade projects and appreciate the TLC that goes into making them. 

Hugs and Happy Krafting,

Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: For A Guy
Craft Us Crazy: Father's Day