Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #74


Good Morning,

Welcome to our Once Upon a Wednesday Pixie Cottage Challenge #74.  The theme this week is "Grab a Glass of Lemonade" hence my abundance of yellow.  I know I love a cold glass of yellow lemonade on a warm sunny day.  Does that not sound refreshing?  You can interpret the theme and/or use the sketch above, and then enter your creation in this weeks challenge.  Don't be shy, we just love being inspired by all your projects.

Once again I was inspired to try something different with my Copic markers.  I took the Pixie Cottage's Fall Wagon Wheel stamp and made it into a summer image, being sure to hide the pumpkins. I worked with Copic Y000 and BG000 to create the summery sky, and then my facecloth dabbed in blender fluid to add a bit of texture.  I then took the lovely Pixie Cottage SouthEnd Girls 2 stamp and created this summer scene.  I seem to have this thing with paper piecing skirts lately.

I worked on this card Saturday afternoon in between our Mommy and Daughter's sunny outdoor park adventure.  We had to come in to rejuvenate, eat, hydrate and relax from our morning at the park. So while the girls ate and took in an afternoon show, I crafted.  They managed to come upstairs as I was embossing the edges of this card.  I got a lot of "Ooohs" from them, followed by "Can we go back outside Mommy?".  We headed back outside outside for more bike rides and an afternoon at another park.  

Well, I best stop rambling,
Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
My Time to Craft: Xtra images
Paper Sundaes: Girly Girl
CMC Copic Challenge Group: Brunettes
Totally Gorjuss: Flower Power