Friday, June 3, 2011

PWCO DT Newbie


Hi!

Today I get to share some good news. I am now part of the PaperWorks Co DT!   I remember being introduced to them through my friend Sheena B. Thanks Sheena! I have also had the pleasure of creating with Steph J, and with Danielle.  The craft community can seem so big, but I have been truly fortunate to meet wonderful ladies and maintain friendships with them as well, bridging the geographical gap.  So I am really excited about this new adventure.  Thank you Peggy for taking me on as one of your DT members!

I am always inspired by sketches, but this week I tried out the PWCO recipe “A shaped card (anything besides square or rectangle), a sports image, and some embossing…“ I think these recipe challenges are my “new thing”! I was stumped at first as to where I should emboss, but then I saw the red stars in the design paper and had that AHA moment, and embossed the edges of the scalloped circle card. The embossing powder even smells like cherries! Hence the inspiration to add the word Summertime to the card, cherries to me are a summer treat.

Like I said, I had so much fun with this one. Right down to making the Zach’s hair messy looking. I finished the card off by adding the gingham ribbon, and balancing out the colors by putting a safety pin in the center, adding some red and green beads. I hope you enjoy my “debut” project.


Materials Used:
Stamps: PWCO Zach the Basketball Player
Paper: My Minds Eye
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers :
Hair E15 E25 E37
Skin: E00 E01
Ball: E07 E08 E97
Shirt and Shoes: R24 R29 BG23

Be sure to keep your eyes posted to the PWCO Blog, there will be many introductions, and many inspiring projects coming up in the near future.  The other DT members are uber talented!

Have a fab weekend ladies,
Hugs,
Tanya