Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #81


Good Morning,

This week, The Pixie Cottage's Challenge #81 has provided us with a fun sketch, and the theme this week is "Time to Learn (share a favorite technique)". I of course tackled the sketch, one of my favorite things to do.

As far as technique, well I like to play around with my Copics. There is a paint on the market that allows you to take a black and white photo and add color to it. I have seen Paola Levi's card using the same technique using Copics so I thought I would give it a go.  I took The Pixie Cottage background stamp At the Corner of...  and added BOO to the windows and R000 to the curtain. I then went over all of it with C1 to and continued to shade the rest of the image with C1, C3, and C5.  I then took my Kenny K stamp, purchased at Michelle's Scrapbooking and Moreand colored her in.  She is bold, and vibrant against the greyish backdrop. I like how she just POPS out. 

I feel alive today, my family is enjoying the sunshine, and we are all enjoying the weekends together, outdoors doing some sort of physical activity.  What have you been up to?

Happy Krafting ladies,
Hugs
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Anything Goes: Pick of the bunch (flowers)