Friday, August 19, 2011

PWCO Recipe Friday #11


Good Morning!

This weeks Recipe Challenge #11 over at PaperWorks Co. is all about 
"Getting Fruity- a twist of lemon/lime/coconut....." You can use the colours, them images or both!

The above card is my interpretation for this weeks challenge, and as usual I have a thought process that went along with it's creation. So here goes.... Coconuts have fibrous brown shells, so that had me reaching for my Kraft paper stash. I even decided to stamp and colour on the kraft cardstock as well. The PWCO/RAM Beary Best of Friends stamp fit right in with the recipe as well. They are sitting down, sharing that yummy basket of fruit.

The yellow and green are of course colours that represent the lemon and lime aspect of the recipe. I really like the way the colors pop off the Jillibean Soup design paper. I used to have these tiny beads that were shaped as apples, lemons, bananas etc. and they were always laying about. Funny thing is, now that I have kiddos, they seemed to have disappeared, so I had to improvise at 12:30 am and use yellow and green stickpins instead, tucked into my kraft ribbon. I really wanted to attach the lemons and limes though. Le sigh....

I do hope you decide to play along, and be sure to enter your creations if you do. Don't forget, you have to use a PWCO image, and if you don't have one, you are in luck, you can still grab the free digi HERE.

Happy Krafting ladies,
Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Craft Us Crazy: Anything Goes
Try it On Tuesday: Anything Goes
Paper Playtime: Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time: Anything Goes
Sew Many Challenges: Summertime (a summer picinic)
The Kraft Journal: Anything Goes (the image is stamped and colored on Kraft paper, ribbon color is Kraft)