Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #54


Good Morning,

Today we find ourselves using a wonderful sketch from one of our Pixies for the Once Upon A Wednesday Pixie Cottage Challenge #54. We have a flower theme this week, and you can choose to tackle the sketch and/or the theme. Isn't it nice to have choices!


For my card I used a Pixie Cottage stamp, the Hummingbird, from one of Artish's Birdset stamps.  This stamp is available as a set, or can be purchased individually  at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.  They are really sweet, and so very versatile, I think perhaps my favorite set from 2010!

I used rather bold paper for my card, and thus I decided to leave the image uncolored, all except the flowers. Since our theme this week is flowers, I made mine pop out a bit, by incorporating a tad bit of red.  I used my Copic markers for this.  One of the techniques I learned on the course, was how to use my blender pen to simulate watercolors.  I took a piece of plastic, scribbled the red marker overtop, and then took out my blender pen.  I ran the tip of my blender pen over the red color, and added it to my image.  Doing this gives you the ability to add a subtle amount of color to your image.  What do you think?  I would love to hear what you think I could have done to improve this card.

Enjoy your week ladies, and I hope to see all your flowery creations over at The Pixie Cottage for challenge #54.

Happy Krafting,

Hugs
Tanya


Challenges this qualifies for are:
Ooh La La Creations: 3 of a kind (3 Stampin Up brads)
Let's Ink It Up: Anything Goes 
Crafty Cardmakers: Flowers
Paper Cutz: Anything goes